What is the *coolest* AND most useful
hand-made gift anybody ever made for you?
I asked this question on Twitter yesterday, but should have asked it here, cuz I know many of you don't Twitter or Facebook, so you may have missed it. Anyhoo, I'm asking here today, cuz I think mebbe I'm not the only one who really wants to know.
Here were a few replies I got on Twitter & Facebook:
- Katie: My friend Breanna made me (what I call) a Trash Tote for my car. It's cloth on the outside and oilcloth on the inside so I can wipe it out. I use it every day and love it!
- Holly: My aunts are quilters. I get custom quilts all the time and they are not only gorgeous, but very usable. I only wish I had the talent for that craft.
- Jill: . . . my aunt made me a garter and wrist "bag" for my wedding out of my grandmothers wedding dress ( she plans in making them for all the granddaughters)
- Joanne: A great friend made me an awesome Christmas tree skirt and we still use it every year.
- Claire: melt in the mouth fudge, instant heaven.
I love the towels my mama has made. Sometimes, it's bath towels, or hand towels, or kitchen towels. She sews a band of pretty decorative fabric across one edge of a purchased towel, customizing them for the recipient's home. Fancy or complicated? Not at all. And, even tho mine are showing quite a bit of wear and tear now (they are belovedly used), they make me smile and think of her every time.