So, when I die cut the butterflies in this project (Hero Arts Antique Flowers & Butterflies Stamp/Die Set), the negative sat on my desk for a few days . . . and then I decided this would be fun:
And, it was! *cheeky grin*
I tapped some Adirondack dye inks onto an acrylic block, and loaded up the brush of my water-brush with color, and then squeezed the handle a little to let water-droplets form on the end of the brush and drop down onto the paper here and there. If they were really huge, I took a tissue and just touched a corner of it to "wick up" the excess water; otherwise, it would have taken forever to dry. Then, I tapped the handle of the brush against my hand over top of the paper to get finer spatters. As the ink intensity fades, the droplets become lighter so it looks like I may have used more colors, but I actually only used Stream and Terra Cotta. Stamped the sentiment in black ink.
I trimmed out a piece of Kraft Core Card Stock that coordinated with the Stream ink, and sanded it to reveal the kraft core underneath and amp up the texture/pattern a little more and then 3D mounted it behind the butterflies. Then I 3D mounted the entire panel to a Kraft card front.
I might have added more. I could have added more. But, I just *really* liked it as it was, and there was a considerable amount of monkey clapping going on, so I decided to let it ride.
Supplies & Materials: