Pineapples. Maybe it’s my Filipino background. Maybe it’s because it happens to be trending/has been trending for awhile.
And, maybe, just maybe I simply like pineapples and they make me smile. The instant I laid eyes on this die, a bunch of ideas piled up in a jumbled mess inside my head.
So, this is one of four ideas I made recently. I just played. Non-stop. Because sometimes you just gotta ride that wave… Especially if you’re stuck creatively with everything else. And, I have been really, really stuck. (oh, hey, was that a pun???!!! BAH HA HAAAAA!!!)
So, this was good, because #1. I had a blast. #2. I ended up with 4 cards I love. #3. They are so purdy!
To make this card:
- Die cut pineapple on a panel of watercolor paper (the die only cuts the details and does not cut the whole shape out).
- Color as desired–I watercolored.
- Allow to dry or speed dry with a heat tool.
- Spatter with black ink. Dry again. Trim down 1/4″ all around.
- Pop details out.
- White emboss a greeting on scrap black card stock and staple to the panel.
- Mount to patterned paper; mount all to a base card (This one is a standard A-2, 4.25 x 5.5″)
- Embellish with glitter glue.
I love how the patterned paper peeks out from behind the die cut details… Such a fun, clever effect! :)